From Stargate Wiki
Welcome to my talk page. Feel free to ask anything.
- hi,You can learn as open wikia or shoutwiki let people free to apply for a wiki site it?--Msnhinet8 23:16, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- I from in Taiwan.I English is not good.--Msnhinet8 23:16, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- I can little English.--Msnhinet8 23:16, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- ok,I understand.--Msnhinet8 23:20, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- English:Then how finish erecting these wiki you?--Msnhinet8 23:48, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- chinese:你是怎麼架設這個維基的呢?--Msnhinet8 23:48, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- Thanks.--Msnhinet8 23:50, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- http://www.siteground.com/mediawiki-hosting.htm is not free?--Msnhinet8 23:53, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- ok.--Msnhinet8 23:55, 29 April 2011 (CDT)
- where you live country?--Msnhinet8 00:05, 30 April 2011 (CDT)
- wow!cool!Australia is vrey Beautiful country!--Msnhinet8 00:11, 30 April 2011 (CDT)
- the film Nemo(2003) view Sydney.--Msnhinet8 00:13, 30 April 2011 (CDT)
- http://www.siteground.com/mediawiki-hosting.htm How you pay?visa?--Msnhinet8 00:18, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
- pay money is USA dollar?--Msnhinet8 00:30, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
- or,UK dollar?--Msnhinet8 00:31, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
- thanks,I know.--Msnhinet8 00:33, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
- sorry I end quesition.--Msnhinet8 00:42, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
- You a finish pay or each month each month pay?--Msnhinet8 00:42, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
- Thanks I understand.--Msnhinet8 00:49, 1 May 2011 (CDT)
hey dude its me smallvilleantonio.......who was the son of a b;;;; from wikia ...that make the vandalism on your wiki? tell me to kick his wikia ass...!!! see ya
Hey Escyos, I have two or more questions for you. It would be nice if you could answer all these important questions so that someone like me might be able to better help you out here--making the Stargate Wikia obsolete. I'm willing to do whatever I can to submit any and all available canon data to any and all articles within your new Stargate Wiki, and that includes submitting the images I have created and/or edited to be used for this such purpose. Which leads me to ask the next question: Is it okay if I add digital canon images I edited from other websites, as well as images already posted on the Stargate Wikia? You said you thought I might be more appreciated here for my work if I joined your wiki. If this is true, please answer truthfully, and don't make yourself a hypocrite by saying something otherwise negative. I am here to operate in good faith on the Stargate Wiki, so please don't doubt my sincerity. —Xamikaze330 16:22, 7 October 2011 (CDT)Xamikaze330
Fanon SG Wiki
Can you make an account for me on Fanon Stargate Wiki? I'd like my username to be Judge King. Judge King 11:47, 5 July 2011 (CDT)
~~ There is some small things on the wiki but i thought that we should discuss before editing them .First there is the part with the ancients discovering the background radiation and building destiny , the didn't build destiny because they discovered it they build destiny because they found sings of intelligence in it .And another thing would be the mothership and carrier usually a mothership is a carrier and in some languages the word "mothership" signifies carrier .
Hey Escyos, wikia is currently down right now. Take the time to laugh at them. Judge King 10:57, 7 September 2011 (CDT)
Yeah....I'm not going to be much help with pictures for Atlantis-related stuff. I don't own SGA on DVD, I have the complete series Blu-ray set but no BD drive in my PC so no way to take screengrabs. DigiFluid 07:27, 25 April 2012 (CDT)
- I know the GW Gallery ones are grabs from publicly sold DVDs, but does that work out alright with fair use? Can we actually just grab and re-upload here without any legal entanglement? DigiFluid 09:32, 25 April 2012 (CDT)
On "Race: vs. "culture/civilization
Hey chief. Question on how/what you're doing for a particular style. I noticed in the Olesia page you switched up the race from "Human" to "Olesian." Now, to me, that seems like it's wrong. Their culture or civilization or nation is certainly Olesian and it's most definitely got its own distinct history, but as far as race or species goes, they're most definitely Human. As are the Athosians, the Genii, or any other flavour of Human in either galaxy. It's even implicit in much of the dialogue of the entire franchise–Baal talks about the fate of 'the countless humans' of this galaxy, the AE frequently refers to people as 'the humans of Pegasus.' We wouldn't put 'Race: Russian' in an infobox for Col. Chekov for instance, so why are we doing so for these?
On a related subject, I also find it a touch odd that there are a number of articles that refer to Humans of Earth as the Tau'ri. Certainly that's the Goa'uld name for us, but since Earth is the center of the franchise's universe, shouldn't we be using our own name for our own species?
I dunno. If you've got some particular guideline/policy in place I'd be interested to read it, because I'm just finding the current approach to be rather illogical.
Oh and I think I'll whip up a Category list page a la the Template list one. As much for my own reference as anything else....also so you won't have to follow my new pages around to attach those *hides* :p — DigiFluid(Whine here) 07:45, 26 April 2012 (CDT)
God jesus you're fast, I was just about to fix the image thing :p
Related: There doesn't seem to be a template for home video releases, so I used the special features one in lieu. If we can get one set up, I'll change the one in this article myself. No rush, just something for the to-do list. This will work for the time being. — DigiFluid(Whine here) 08:34, 26 April 2012 (CDT)
I thought you'd enjoy this....I'm also a regular editor at Wookieepedia, right. Found out from one of the guys there–Wikia has taken it upon themselves to break all redirect pages, Wikia-wide. BRILLIANT! — DigiFluid(Whine here) 17:57, 26 April 2012 (CDT)
- Ha, why wikia is more content in removing useful features and opting to turn their site into a new social network as opposed to a wiki is beyond me. ESCYOS Talk ~ Contribs 23:13, 26 April 2012 (CDT)
Just something I'm pondering....does it really need to be a separate article for each episode? I know that's how they air it in repeats, but it was originally aired as one long movie, and that's also how it's presented on the DVDs. We've got single-article pages Children of the Gods and Rising–also two episodes of the season order, and presented as a single story originally (and on DVD) but broken into two episodes for repeats. Could/should we not just do the same for Lost City and have a single article? Do you have a preference? — DigiFluid(Whine here) 14:41, 27 April 2012 (CDT)
- Oh bugger, I just looked on GW, it seems you're right. That's disappointing, I was under the impression it aired as one (which is how it's presented on the DVD set. It'd make it a lot simpler if it were just one :S
- On the other notes...yes. Should've titled disambig pages right. I was so mind-numbed from the repetition of redirs that it didn't even occur to me. But hey, I remembered to put them in disambig category :p
- Re: all those redirs, good lord I hope that wasn't for nothing. That was no fun at all. But the redlinks/wanted page is SO useful for clearing out redlinks for most linked articles, it was so full of that crap. And it's so much simpler than going through and fixing each and every mis-linked article link. At any rate, I have no interest in doing anything quite that tedious again for quite some time, so I'll be back to regular articles ;) — DigiFluid(Whine here) 21:58, 27 April 2012 (CDT)
I have no problem with that, it's just that's really not clearly labeled. I see it now under wiki markup, but if you hadn't pointed it out I would never have even noticed. For the purposes of the upload page, that should probably be made much more clear. Actually, on Wookieepedia we/they have it set up so that each of those things (description, source, licensing) is its own field, with a description key to tell you what it's for.
You'd have to log in to Wikia to see it, but it might be worth a look. There's the basic fields, then a whole bunch more display when you click show optional fields.
- I was in the middle of fixing the typo on my own username in the siege pic when SOMEONE edit-blocked me. Wonder who THAT could have been? :p — DigiFluid(Whine here) 11:46, 3 May 2012 (CDT)
Hey sorry i haven't been around in a while. Computer screwed up and i've been swamped with work. Sites looking good. Gosun 06:01, 28 May 2012 (CDT)
Hey what happened to your Milky Way map? Did you finish it? Gosun 06:15, 28 May 2012 (CDT)