From Stargate Wiki
- "Unlock the universe."
- — Tagline
Stargate SG-1 is the first live-action television series, based on the movie Stargate, created by Brad Wright and Jonathan Glassner. The show centers around the frontline team SG-1 and their exploits throughout our galaxy. The pilot originally aired on July 27, 1997 and ending on March 13 2007 in the UK and June 22 2007 in the United States.
Stargate SG-1 follows the adventures of a team of explorers known as SG-1 who operate out of Stargate Command under Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado. The team seeks out allies and technology to help Earth defend itself against the Goa'uld and other threats out in the galaxy.
The team makes contact with advanced cultures and gains powerful new technology, they meet civilisations who originated from ancient Earth cultures who's people were transplanted through the Stargate thousands of years ago.
The show original centres around the Goa'uld Apophis but soon moves on to other powerful Goa'uld such as Anubis and Ba'al. After the Goa'uld's defeat the galaxy suffers a threat from the ascended Ori and their powerful followers.
- Richard Dean Anderson as Jack O'Neill (Seasons 1-8)
- Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter (Seasons 1-10)
- Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson (Seasons 1-5 7-10)
- Christopher Judge as Teal'c (Seasons 1-10)
- Don S. Davis as George S. Hammond (Seasons 1-7)
- Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn (Season 6)
- Ben Browder as Cameron Mitchell (Season 9-10)
- Claudia Black as Vala Mal Doran (Season 10)
- Beau Bridges as Hank Landry (Season 9-10)
|SG-1 Movies The Ark of Truth, Continuum, Revolution|