From Stargate Wiki
- "A new gate will open. A lost city will rise again."
- — Tagline
Stargate Atlantis is the second television live action series and spin-off for the Stargate SG-1 series created by Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper. The show aired from 2004 lasting for five seasons. The show ended with Enemy at the Gate airing on January 9, 2009 and now is to be concluded with a feature length movie, Stargate: Extinction.
The show takes place after SG-1's seventh season episode Lost City, Part 2 and centers around an international team of explorers called the Atlantis expedition who travel off to the Pegasus galaxy to explore the lost city of the Ancients, Atlantis. This team inadvertently awakens a terrible enemy, the Wraith and find themselves outmatched by this race whom feed off the human populations of the galaxy.
The third season brings in a new enemy, one create by the Ancients called the Asurans, a race of sentient machines who intend on destroying Atlantis and those who now inhabit the city. The show ends with Atlantis returning to Earth to head off a Wraith invasion.
- Joe Flanigan as John Sheppard (Seasons 1-5)
- Torri Higginson as Elizabeth Weir (Seasons 1-3)
- Rachel Luttrell as Teyla Emmagan (Seasons 1-5)
- Rainbow Sun Francks as Aiden Ford (Season 1)
- David Hewlett as Rodney McKay (Seasons 1-5)
- Jason Momoa as Ronon Dex (Seasons 2-5)
- Paul McGillion as Carson Beckett (Season 1-3)
- Jewel Staite as Jennifer Keller (Season 4-5)
- Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter (Season 4)
- Robert Picardo as Richard Woolsey (Season 5)
|Atlantis Movies Extinction|