From Stargate Wiki
|Original air date||
May 7, 2010
Kathleen Munroe as Dr. Amanda Perry
|Universe Season 1|
As Destiny is leaving the galaxy, an explosion forces them out of FTL and the crew use the stones to bring aboard a specialist to fix the ship. It is also discovered that Destiny will not make the journey across the void between galaxies and they will all be dead by the time the ship reaches its destination.
Ancient Control console, Ancient Inter-pressure suit, Ancient Remote, Ancient Repair robot, Ancient shuttle, Ascension, Brain, Brody's bar, Carl Strom, Claustrophobia, Coffee, Destiny Chair room, Destiny Communications lab, Destiny Control Interface room, Destiny Gate room, Destiny Holographic screen, Destiny Infirmary, Destiny Living quarters, Destiny Mess Hall, Faster-Than-Light engine, Glasses, Gloria Rush, Homeworld Command Communications lab, Hyperdrive, Icarus Base, Kino, Long-range communication device, Long-range communication stone, Moonshine, Nakai fighter, Nakai mothership, Neural Interface Chair, Pregnancy, Radio, Shaving, Shield, Stargate, Stargate Command, United States Air Force, Unnamed galaxy (Air), Wormhole
Amanda Perry: What are those?
Nicholas Rush: They're a kind of fruit we collected from a planet we visited recently.
Amanda Perry: May I try one?
Nicholas Rush: I warn you, most people find these rather bitter.
[Perry picks up one of the fruits and puts it in her mouth, savoring the morsel.]
Darren Becker: (in amazement) Most people spit them right back out.
Amanda Perry: This is the first food I've been able to feed myself since I was nine.
Sharon Walker: I joined a book club.
Camile Wray: Oh.
Sharon Walker: Yeah, it's supposed to be all women but there are a few enlightened young men who stop by, claiming to have an interest in nineteenth century chic lit.
Eli Wallace: Well, we were pretty much resigned to the fact that we were stuck out there. (sotto voice) Talk about feeling like the third wheel.
Amanda Perry: How are you managing without your coffee?!
Nicholas Rush: Well, I must admit, that's been one of the most difficult things about being stuck up here.
Amanda Perry: Oh, well, the hardships.
Nicholas Rush: I think "insanity" is the proper word, there and back again. I've even had dreams about the stuff.
Tamara Johansen: The Colonel needs you in the interface room right away. Both of you.
Amanda Perry: Is everything all right?
Tamara Johansen: No. It's about to hit the fan again.
- At the end of the episode at least 25 weeks have passed since the expedition arrived on Destiny.
- The song played during the montage sequence is "Only If You Run" by Julian Plenti.
- The "Little Miss Brilliant" and "Mr. Brilliant" names for Amanda Perry and Nicholas Rush, respectively, are references to the Mr. Men characters.
- This episode gained some controversy:
- The release of the character description of Amanda Perry describing her as "physically useless" insinuating that disabled people were incapable of having an intimate relationship. The producers stated that this description was that of an external casting agency and not meant to be made public.  
- LGBT rights criticized the use of Camile Wray's body for heterosexual sex, a scene which was inevitably cut from the episode. Ming-Na stated that previous examples of the communication stones being used for sex had implied that the volunteer ultimately gave permission for their body to be used in this way. The producers have stated that to deny such actions for any sort of relationship would be prejudicial and wanted to maintain equality.