From Stargate Wiki
Homeworld of the People of Novus
|Under control of||
People of Novus (past)
|Out of universe information|
- "This is the spot where we're going to break ground. Hard to imagine now, but one day, hopefully, this will all be one big city."
- — Alternate Eli Wallace
- "I suggested it should be something Ancient. Volker said 'Novus Mundus', which means 'New World'. While appropriate, nobody really liked the sound of 'Mundus', except Volker. Anyway, 'Novus' ended up winning out."
- — Alternate Eli Wallace
When the alternate Destiny expedition went through the Stargate attempting to get back to Earth, they arrived on a barely habitable planet, 2,000 years in the past. As members began to pass out from the thin atmosphere on the planet, they sent a Kino through the Stargate to find a habitable planet, their choice was a forested world. They called this new planet Novus, one of the other suggestions being Novus Mundus (New World), and decided to set up a new civilization. Over time they built many buildings, had children and created a new home. (SGU: "Epilogue")
- "Just drafted a rough outline of a constitution. People are responding well to it. For the most part. Oh, and, ah, we're converting one of the storage houses into a schoolroom."
- — Alternate Camile Wray
Tamara Johansen was the first to give birth on Novus, a boy, with Everett Young. Following this others gave birth such as Lisa Park, Chloe Armstrong, Vanessa James and Barnes. 10 years later they had built a small town, were farming and moving on with their lives. Everett Young was elected mayor and re-elected at least once, with Camile Wray serving two terms as well. Eventually the planet split into two nations - Tenara and Futura, following a philosophical division. Camile Wray was the last of the expedition members to die, several decades after arriving. 2,000 years later their planet became an advanced civilization that spread to other worlds, following the discovery that a rogue black hole was passing through their system and would lead to the destruction of their planet. When their Stargate was destroyed and they lost their only connection to other worlds, they built several ships to take their people to other worlds. (SGU: "Epilogue")
- "A black hole has entered this system. The tidal forces are ripping this planet apart."
- — Lisa Park
In 2010, the planet was visited by the primary timeline Destiny expedition who were taking the survivors from one of the Novus colonies home. They entered the Tenaran Fallout shelter, finding it abandoned, uploaded part of the Tenaran database onto Destiny and gathered some supplies from the storage rooms. As the black hole got closer the planet became increasingly unstable, causing violent tremors and faultlines to rip open and cover the planet in lava flows. They left as the planet was being ripped apart by the black hole. (SGU: "Common Descent", "Epilogue")
- Main article: Novus inhabitants
The Statue of Everett Young
The opening to the Tenaran Fallout shelter